To Many Lawyers, Technology is an Enigma. To Us, It’s a Way of Life.
At Foley & Mansfield, we are always seeking the best tools to enhance client service and extend our capabilities. We invest in technologies and processes that enable us to work more productively, and in turn provide clients with better value.
Our scalable litigation model, based on appropriate resource allocation and advanced technologies, allows us to deliver highly efficient and cost-effective litigation services and support for disputes of all sizes. This model allows us to engage additional technical and human resources as needed for large, complex or multi-jurisdictional matters – without concerns of overhead or billable hours influencing crucial decision-making processes.
Our Litigation Support Department – managed by one of the nation’s first Certified E-Discovery specialists – has many years experience designing, planning, and creating robust technology solutions. Our services include consulting, document review coordination and management, transcript management, scanning, OCRing, coding, productions, electronic discovery, customized database design, trial technology experience, and external database hosting for our clients.
Foley & Mansfield’s mission is to provide both our litigation teams and our clients with the tools and information necessary to automate the case from the beginning of the discovery phase through trial. Our Litigation Support Department is located in the Minneapolis office, and supports all of the firm’s national offices.
Advanced State of the Art Technologies
We pride ourselves on being a technological forerunner, providing our litigation teams with the most cutting edge litigation technologies and resources available. These technologies allow our attorneys to cost effectively and expeditiously defend our client’s interests. Nextpoint™, an automated document management system, is our primary solution for containing litigation costs, increasing efficiency, and enhancing work product quality. Additional resources include:
- CEDS - Certified E-Discovery Specialists on staff
- In-house IT department
- Nextpoint document review platform
- LAW PreDiscovery for internal e-discovery processing
- TrialDirector trial presentation software
- Docket Enterprise
- LexisNexis electronic filing and service
- Elite 3E Financial software
- BigHand digital dictation
- iManage document management
- VMware Horizon virtual desktop
- Westlaw and Westlaw Next
- Internal case management database development in FileMaker Pro
- FMoogle, internally developed content search
- Rapid scanning, digitization, and copying
- eLearning employee training system
- Nationwide encrypted virtual private network (VPN), accessible by laptop or Ipad
- Smart phones with Outlook and Wi-Fi for instant communication capabilities
- "Hot Spot” mobile technologies
- MatterShare™, an online extranet platform that provides real-time access to records and contacts in a secure, collaborative environment.