Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
In a local community that is global in essence, Foley & Mansfield understands that having a diverse, multifaceted team allows us to provide the best legal solutions for our clients. Our objective is to increase diversity at Foley & Mansfield and make it a more inclusive organization.
Diversity is represented by a number of characteristics, including gender, race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, viewpoints, economic background, education and experience.
Working together gives us all an enhanced appreciation for the subtle differences in cultural attitudes and style that make us each unique - and together, make our experience remarkable.
Diversity & Inclusion Initiatives
Foley & Mansfield's Diversity & Inclusion Committee is comprised of individuals from across the firms' offices, who work collaboratively with office management and staff to further our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Several recent initiatives of the Committee include:
- Signatory to the Diversity Lab’s Mansfield Rule 2.0, a pioneering initiative that helps law firms diversify candidate pools for significant leadership positions. It measures whether law firms have affirmatively considered women, LGBTQ+, and minority lawyers – at least 30% of the candidate pool – for promotions, senior level hiring, and significant leadership roles in the firm.
- Signatory to the ABA Disability Diversity Pledge
- Establishing a formal attorney mentoring program focused not only on legal skills, but on providing mentees with a broader range of exposure to clients, organizations and communities in which they may not previously have had opportunities to interact due to cultural, economic or other barriers
- Hosting various speakers - including the Vice President and General Counsel of Employee & Labor Relations for Target Corporation - to speak to our attorneys about struggles and successes in promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- Hosting diversity receptions for law students to introduce them to the firm
Perhaps our greatest strength as a firm is our ongoing commitment to addressing inequality and injustice through our numerous industry and community involvement initiatives:
- Active participation, leadership and financial support for minority bar associations nationwide
- Active participation and leadership in the Anti-Defamation League and related organizations that promote civil rights
- Extensive pro bono work for organizations like Tubman and ConnectWC in Minnesota and their equivalents elsewhere in the country
- Participation in STEP-UP’s Mock Interviews, providing young people with valuable feedback and suggestions for improvement as they prepare for summer job interviews
Foley & Mansfield is a proud member of Twin Cities Diversity in Practice, an association of legal employers with a single mission: to attract, recruit, advance, and retain attorneys of color to the Twin Cities community.
ABOUT FOLEY & MANSFIELD
Jazz Hampton discusses the firm's diversity and inclusion initiatives in Minnesota Lawyer Magazine. Read this Article.