By its very nature, a claim for professional negligence is uniquely personal. The clinical judgment and treatment choices of the health care provider have been criticized by a professional colleague. The provider often is accused of having inflicted immense suffering, if not death, upon a patient and the patient’s family.
At Foley & Mansfield, our goal is to achieve meaningful results through dedication, hard work, and total commitment to professional excellence. Our attorneys have more than 100 years of combined Professional Malpractice experience and have litigated cases from coast to coast. Our practice spans both Federal and State Courts. Foley & Mansfield attorneys have successfully tried hundreds of cases to verdict and when warranted, have resolved cases for far below initial demands.
At Foley & Mansfield, we know that not all litigators are trial lawyers. However, the most successful litigators for the defense are trial lawyers because plaintiff attorneys know that trial is a viable, if not preferable, option for those who are not afraid to let jurors resolve differences that the parties could not.
Our trial lawyers understand that the successful defense of Professional Malpractice claims requires experience, intuition, and great attention to detail. Effective advocacy also requires a complete understanding of the profound impact that the litigation has on the defendants and their own families. In the absence of such understanding, the lawyer entrusted with the defense may never fully enjoy the trust of the client.
We have successfully represented a variety of health care professionals including:
- Certified Physician Assistants
- Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioners
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists
- September 17, 2015 - Defense verdict in a wrongful-death medical negligence claim involving the death of a minor who allegedly died as the result of the defendant physician’s failure to diagnose bacterial meningitis.
- September 1, 2015 - Dismissal of administrative complaint by the Department of Health in a claim involving the alleged wrongful, involuntary-commitment of a patient.
- May 22, 2015 - Dismissal of complaint by the Department of Health in a claim where the respondent was alleged to have left a foreign body within the patient following a pelvic exam.
- January 7, 201 5- Final Summary Judgment entered in favor of the defendant emergency department director in a wrongful termination action.
- November 4, 2014- Defense Verdict obtained in a wrongful-death medical negligence action where the decedent passed away less than three days after being discharge by the defendant emergency room physician.
- January 28, 2013 - Final Summary Judgment entered in favor of defendant health care services management company in a case involving an employee who was injured while working in the emergency department.
Results will vary depending on the facts and circumstances of each individual matter. Prior results do not predict, warrant or guarantee a similar outcome.
MEDICAL MALPRACTICE DEFENSE ATTORNEYS
MEDICAL MALPRACTICE DEFENSE NEWS
Miami partners Virginia Johnson, Timothy Ferguson and Kevin O'Connor have named 2017 South Florida Top Lawyers.
Foley & Mansfield is pleased to announce that Khaled Taqi-Eddin has been named to the firm’s equity partnership. Taqi-Eddin joined the firm’s Oakland office in 2008, and has since managed and tried multiple high stakes toxic tort and product liability matters throughout California and the U.S.
On September 27, 2016, Foley & Mansfield attorneys Kevin O’Connor and Jaime Alvarez obtained a defense verdict in Martin County, Florida, on behalf of an emergency room doctor following an 11-day trial involving the alleged failure to diagnose timely Plaintiff’s ruptured cerebral aneurysm. Plaintiff sought over $5.4 million in damages. The co-defendant settled three weeks before trial.
ALL LITIGATION PRACTICE AREAS
VIEW ALL LITIGATION PRACTICE AREAS