Lisa M. Lamm Bachman
Managing Partner - Minneapolis
Bar Admissions: Minnesota; Nebraska; U.S. District Court, Minnesota; U.S. District Court, Nebraska; U.S. Court of Appeals, 8th Circuit
Practice Groups: Employment Law & Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Professional Liability Defense, Mediation & Arbitration, Pro Bono
Education: Creighton University School of Law, 1991, J.D.; University of Colorado at Boulder, 1988, B.A., Political Science & History
Memberships: Defense Research Institute (DRI); Douglas K. Amdahl American Inn of Court; Hennepin County Bar Association; Minnesota State Bar Association; Minnesota Women Lawyers Association; Nebraska State Bar Association; Professional Liability Underwriting Society (PLUS); The Claims & Litigation Management Alliance (CLM); Member of the Roster for the American Arbitration Association - Employment Panel
Lisa Lamm Bachman is the Managing Partner of Foley & Mansfield’s Minneapolis office. In her more than 25 years of practice, Lisa has tried numerous cases before both bench and jury, represented clients in several arbitration proceedings, and handled a variety of appellate matters.
Lisa’s practice is focused on employment law and litigation, handling matters involving sexual harassment, discrimination, retaliation, whistleblower, FMLA, ADA violations, misappropriation of trade secrets, and non-compete agreements. Lisa has assisted clients in responding to charges of discrimination/retaliation filed with the EEOC, the Minnesota Department of Human Rights, and the Minneapolis Department of Civil Rights. In addition to her litigation practice, Lisa routinely advises employers on a variety of employment issues, conducts outside investigations of employee workplace complaints, and provides employee and management training concerning workplace issues to assist businesses with efforts to minimize liability for discrimination and harassment claims.
Likewise, Lisa has significant experience representing businesses in a variety of commercial matters, contract disputes, closely held shareholder disputes, fraud claims and general liability matters. Lisa’s experience also includes defending claims related to professional malpractice, errors and omissions and directors and officers’ liability.
Lisa is a Qualified Rule 114 ADR Neutral for Civil Facilitative/Hybrid processes and is a Member of the Roster for the American Arbitration Association’s Employment Panel for which she has served as an arbitrator for employment-related disputes.
- Defended multi-million dollar closely held shareholder dispute in two-day bench trial resulting in zero verdict.
- Defended multi-million dollar claims of misappropriation of trade secrets and violation of non-compete in a nine-day jury trial resulting in a zero verdict.
- Tried breach of contract and promissory estoppel claims on behalf of glove manufacturer resulting in a $1.5M jury verdict.
- Defended multi-million dollar trade secret misappropriation action obtaining dismissal.
- Defended multi-million dollar legal malpractice claim resulting in dismissal affirmed on appeal.
- Obtained dismissal of multi-million dollar construction-defect claim on summary judgment motion.
- Defended business in an alleged fraudulent transfer action resulting in a zero verdict.
- Tried an accounting fraud claim resulting in a six-figure jury verdict and confidential settlement prior to punitive damage phase.
- Defended multi-million dollar shareholder dispute in closely held corporation prevailing in significant motion practice resulting in favorable settlement for client.
- Obtained dismissal of multi-million dollar real estate fraud claim on summary judgment motion.
- Nash v. Kmart Corp., WL370467 (Minn. Ct. App. 1997)
- Gradjelick v. Hance, 627 N.W. 2d 708 (Minn. Ct. App. 2001)
- Gradjelick v. Hance, 646 N.W. 2d 225 (Minn. 2002)
- Bajwa v. Foster, WL 2245801 (Minn. Ct. App. 2007)
- Johnson v. City of Shorewood, et al., WL434680 (Minn. Ct. App. 2008)
- Grachek v. Grachek, 750 N.W. 2d 328 (Minn. Ct. App. 2008)
- Reiken v. Achim IV, Inc., WL 5136941 (Minn. Ct. App. 2008)
- Khangsar v. Zrust, WL1375412 (Minn. Ct. App. 2009)
- Chaltu A. Omar v. Bariso Mohammed Omar, A09-2178 (Minn. Ct. App. 2009)
- St. Paul Public Schools, ISD #625 v. Bergmann, WL 10407 (Minn. Ct. App. 2010)
- Ofor v.Ofor, A10-2047 (Minn. Ct. App. 2011)
- The Grandoe Corporation v. Gander Mountain Company, 761 F.3d 876 (8th Cir. App. 2014)
- Mogren v. Johnson, WL 3884503 (Minn. Ct. App. 2016)
IN THE NEWS
Lisa Lamm Bachman will be one of the featured speakers at the inaugural PLUS Foundation Women’s Leadership Network event, "A Breakfast Discussion with Minnesota Women Leaders” on April 24, 2019 at the Hotel Ivy, Minneapolis.
Foley & Mansfield is pleased to announce that seven attorneys in the firm’s Minneapolis office have been named to the 2018 Minnesota Super Lawyers® and Rising Star® Lists.
Foley & Mansfield is pleased to announce the inclusion of three women attorneys to the 2018 Top Women Attorneys in Minnesota list by Super Lawyers.®