Lisa M. Lamm Bachman
Managing Partner - Minneapolis
Bar Admissions: Minnesota; Nebraska; U.S. District Court, Minnesota; U.S. District Court, Nebraska; U.S. Court of Appeals, 8th Circuit
Practice Groups: Commercial Litigation, Employment Law & Litigation, Mediation & Arbitration, Pro Bono, Professional Liability Defense
Education: Creighton University School of Law, 1991, J.D.; University of Colorado at Boulder, 1988, B.A., Political Science & History
Memberships: Defense Research Institute (DRI); Douglas K. Amdahl American Inn of Court; Hennepin County Bar Association; Minnesota State Bar Association; Minnesota Women Lawyers Association; Nebraska State Bar Association; Professional Liability Underwriting Society (PLUS); The Claims & Litigation Management Alliance (CLM); Member of the Roster for the American Arbitration Association - Employment Panel
Lisa Lamm Bachman is the Managing Partner of Foley & Mansfield’s Minneapolis office. In her more than 20 years of practice, Lisa has tried numerous cases before both bench and jury, and has handled more than a dozen appellate proceedings. Most recently, she obtained a defense verdict issued from the bench after a two-day trial in a closely held shareholder dispute.
Lisa’s practice is focused on employment law and litigation, handling matters involving discrimination, retaliation, whistleblower, FMLA, ERISA interference, FLSA, misappropriation of trade secrets, and non-compete agreements. In addition, Lisa has assisted clients in responding to charges of discrimination/retaliation filed with the EEOC, the Minnesota Department of Human Rights, and the Minneapolis Department of Civil Rights.
Likewise, Lisa has significant experience representing businesses in a variety of commercial matters, contract disputes, closely-held shareholder disputes, fraud claims and general liability matters. Lisa’s experience also includes defending claims related to product liability, commercial construction, and professional malpractice.
Lisa is a Member of the Roster for the American Arbitration Association’s Employment Panel.
- Tried breach of contract and promissory estoppel claims resulting in a $1.5M jury verdict. (United States District Court- District of Minnesota, Court File No.: 11-CV-0947(PJS/FLN)
- Defended multi-million dollar trade secret misappropriation action obtaining dismissal.
- Defended multi-million dollar legal malpractice claim resulting in dismissal affirmed on appeal.
- Obtained dismissal of multi-million dollar construction-defect claim on summary judgment motion.
- Defended six-figure fraud claim to a zero verdict.
- Tried an accounting fraud claim resulting in a six-figure jury verdict and confidential settlement prior to punitive damage phase.
- Obtained reversal of termination of 20-year employee after evidentiary hearing before Minneapolis Civil Service Commission.
- Defended multi-million dollar shareholder dispute in closely held corporation prevailing in significant motion practice resulting in favorable settlement for client.
- Tried adversarial action establishing debtor obtained loan through fraud resulting in a six-figure non-dischargeable debt.
- Obtained dismissal of multi-million dollar real estate fraud claim on summary judgment motion.
- Nash v. Kmart Corp., WL370467 (Minn. Ct. App. 1997)
- Gradjelick v. Hance, 627 N.W. 2d 708 (Minn. Ct. App. 2001)
- Gradjelick v. Hance, 646 N.W. 2d 225 (Minn. 2002)
- Bajwa v. Foster, WL 2245801 (Minn. Ct. App. 2007)
- Johnson v. City of Shorewood, et al., WL434680 (Minn. Ct. App. 2008)
- Grachek v. Grachek, 750 N.W. 2d 328 (Minn. Ct. App. 2008)
- Reiken v. Achim IV, Inc., WL 5136941 (Minn. Ct. App. 2008)
- Khangsar v. Zrust, WL1375412 (Minn. Ct. App. 2009)
- Chaltu A. Omar v. Bariso Mohammed Omar, A09-2178(Minn. Ct. App. 2009)
- St. Paul Public Schools, ISD #625 v. Bergmann, WL 10407 (Minn. Ct. App. 2010)
- Glenn v. Marcussen, Bankruptcy Appellate Panel Case No.: 09-6029 (2010)
- Marcussen v. Glenn, U.S. Court of Appeals Case No.: 10-2031(8th Cir. App. 2011)
- Ofor v.Ofor, A10-2047(Minn. Ct. App. 2011)
IN THE NEWS
Lisa Lamm Bachman, managing Partner of Foley & Mansfield’s Minneapolis office, has been named to the Minnesota Business 2017 (Real) Power 50 list.
Lisa Lamm Bachman is a featured presenter at The Executive Forum on February 8, 2017 to discuss anticipated changes to D.O.L. policies regarding retirement plans and benefits.
Foley & Mansfield is pleased to announce that Lisa Lamm Bachman has been named Managing Partner of the firm's Minneapolis office. Lamm Bachman focuses her practice on employment and business litigation matters.