Lisa M. Lamm Bachman
Managing Partner - Minneapolis
Bar Admissions: Minnesota; Nebraska; U.S. District Court, Minnesota; U.S. District Court, Nebraska; U.S. Court of Appeals, 8th Circuit
Practice Groups: Commercial Litigation, Employment Law & Litigation, Mediation & Arbitration, Pro Bono, Professional Liability Defense
Education: Creighton University School of Law, 1991, J.D.; University of Colorado at Boulder, 1988, B.A., Political Science & History
Memberships: Defense Research Institute (DRI); Douglas K. Amdahl American Inn of Court; Hennepin County Bar Association; Minnesota State Bar Association; Minnesota Women Lawyers Association; Nebraska State Bar Association; Professional Liability Underwriting Society (PLUS); The Claims & Litigation Management Alliance (CLM); Member of the Roster for the American Arbitration Association - Employment Panel
Lisa Lamm Bachman is the Managing Partner of Foley & Mansfield’s Minneapolis office. In her more than 20 years of practice, Lisa has tried numerous cases before both bench and jury, and has handled more than a dozen appellate proceedings. Most recently, she obtained a defense verdict issued from the bench after a two-day trial in a closely held shareholder dispute.
Lisa’s practice is focused on employment law and litigation, handling matters involving discrimination, retaliation, whistleblower, FMLA, ERISA interference, FLSA, misappropriation of trade secrets, and non-compete agreements. In addition, Lisa has assisted clients in responding to charges of discrimination/retaliation filed with the EEOC, the Minnesota Department of Human Rights, and the Minneapolis Department of Civil Rights.
Likewise, Lisa has significant experience representing businesses in a variety of commercial matters, contract disputes, closely-held shareholder disputes, fraud claims and general liability matters. Lisa’s experience also includes defending claims related to product liability, commercial construction, and professional malpractice.
Lisa is a Member of the Roster for the American Arbitration Association’s Employment Panel.
- Tried breach of contract and promissory estoppel claims resulting in a $1.5M jury verdict. (United States District Court- District of Minnesota, Court File No.: 11-CV-0947(PJS/FLN)
- Defended multi-million dollar trade secret misappropriation action obtaining dismissal.
- Defended multi-million dollar legal malpractice claim resulting in dismissal affirmed on appeal.
- Obtained dismissal of multi-million dollar construction-defect claim on summary judgment motion.
- Defended six-figure fraud claim to a zero verdict.
- Tried an accounting fraud claim resulting in a six-figure jury verdict and confidential settlement prior to punitive damage phase.
- Obtained reversal of termination of 20-year employee after evidentiary hearing before Minneapolis Civil Service Commission.
- Defended multi-million dollar shareholder dispute in closely held corporation prevailing in significant motion practice resulting in favorable settlement for client.
- Tried adversarial action establishing debtor obtained loan through fraud resulting in a six-figure non-dischargeable debt.
- Obtained dismissal of multi-million dollar real estate fraud claim on summary judgment motion.
- Nash v. Kmart Corp., WL370467 (Minn. Ct. App. 1997)
- Gradjelick v. Hance, 627 N.W. 2d 708 (Minn. Ct. App. 2001)
- Gradjelick v. Hance, 646 N.W. 2d 225 (Minn. 2002)
- Bajwa v. Foster, WL 2245801 (Minn. Ct. App. 2007)
- Johnson v. City of Shorewood, et al., WL434680 (Minn. Ct. App. 2008)
- Grachek v. Grachek, 750 N.W. 2d 328 (Minn. Ct. App. 2008)
- Reiken v. Achim IV, Inc., WL 5136941 (Minn. Ct. App. 2008)
- Khangsar v. Zrust, WL1375412 (Minn. Ct. App. 2009)
- Chaltu A. Omar v. Bariso Mohammed Omar, A09-2178 (Minn. Ct. App. 2009)
- St. Paul Public Schools, ISD #625 v. Bergmann, WL 10407 (Minn. Ct. App. 2010)
- Glenn v. Marcussen, Bankruptcy Appellate Panel Case No.: 09-6029 (2010)
- Marcussen v. Glenn, U.S. Court of Appeals Case No.: 10-2031(8th Cir. App. 2011)
- Ofor v.Ofor, A10-2047 (Minn. Ct. App. 2011)
IN THE NEWS
Foley & Mansfield is pleased to announce the inclusion of three women attorneys to the 2018 Top Women Attorneys in Minnesota list by Super Lawyers.®
The people at Foley believe that having a team of diverse and multifaceted individuals is essential to delivering the highest caliber, results-oriented legal representation to clients.... Consistent with that belief, they have thrown the doors wide to welcome and develop women in all areas of the profession.
Lisa Lamm Bachman discusses the steps that should be taken to enhance prevention of workplace complaints and misconduct.