Carl P. McNulty, II
Of Counsel - St. Louis
Bar Admissions: Florida; Missouri; Illinois; U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois; U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois; U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
Practice Groups: Toxic/Mass Tort Defense; Product Liability Defense; Commercial Litigation
Education: University of Florida, JD with honors, 1989; University of Florida, Master of Fine Arts, Theater, 1997; University of Florida, B.A. Political Science, 1983
Memberships: St. Clair County Bar Association; Claims & Litigation Management Alliance (CLM)
Carl P. McNulty is Of Counsel in Foley & Mansfield’s St. Louis office. With more than a decade of experience defending corporations against asbestos-related claims, he is actively involved in the Madison County and St. Louis asbestos litigation circuit.
Throughout his 20-plus years as an attorney, Carl has handled all facets of complex litigation, including trials, appeals, hearings, depositions of both expert and fact witnesses, mediations, and drafting of pleadings, motions, and appellate briefs. He has litigated a variety of matters in addition to toxic torts, including bankruptcy, premises liability, workers compensation, and FELA (railroad) litigation.
- Secured summary judgment for corporation in asbestos product liability case filed in St. Louis City.
- Defended international company in premises liability actions filed against major Florida hotels.
- Secured injunction against former employee’s use of corporate trade secrets and customer lists.
- Successfully defended Ponzi scheme investors in fraudulent transfer actions brought by trustee for the bankruptcy estate of the Ponzi scheme perpetrator.
- Prepared and successfully negotiated confirmation of creditor plan of reorganization in Chapter 11 bankruptcy of a major Florida-based communications company