There is no substitute for experience, whether it is in the planning of a termination or in the defense of a wrongful discharge action. Foley & Mansfield’s employment attorneys offer a complete range of legal, counseling, and consulting services.
We understand the pressure employers face to minimize the risk of liability when faced with terminating an employee or facing a potential wrongful termination suit. When confronted with employment claims, we take a practical, aggressive, and cost-effective approach to resolving these cases.
We are fully capable of handling any size or scope of litigation - from individual claims to class actions- and have successfully defended employers facing wrongful discharge, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, whistleblower, compensation, and other employment related claims.
Our attorneys have extensive experience in defending employers in state, federal and appellate courts throughout the country, as well as before the National Labor Relations Board, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and other local, state and federal agencies. We also represent clients in the state and federal appeals process arising from MRB and state labor agency proceedings.
Specific employment litigation experience includes:
- Discrimination based on race, age, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancys, marital status, veteran’s preference status
- Whistleblower, Sarbanes-Oxley
- Wrongful termination
- Breach of contract
- Wage, hour and overtime claims
- Worker's compensation
- Violations of §1981 and §1983
- Non-compete, trade secrets and duty of loyalty
- Professional liability claims
- Tort claims, including defamation, slander, libel and tortuous interference
- Employee benefits