Stay up-to-date on the latest developments in employment law - visit our BLOG.
Foley & Mansfield employment lawyers represent and counsel small, medium and large employers, nonprofits, municipalities and government agencies to establish “best practices” to ensure compliance with continually evolving employment laws.
Our attorneys work closely with human resources personnel, supervisors, and business owners on a variety of activities aimed at complying with a myriad of typically confusing and contradictory state and federal laws, as well as avoiding or reducing employment-related claims. We will help you draft, review, and update HR policies and procedures, provide legally mandated employment training, and review all employment practices to provide you with valuable guidance.
We will work with you to prevent problems before they happen by assisting with the following:
- Employee handbooks and personnel policies
- Employment contracts, separation agreements and releases
- Discrimination and harassment
- Wage and hour law compliance
- ADA – Americans With Disabilities Act
- FMLA – Family Medical Leave Act and state leave laws
- Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act
- EEO – Equal Employment Opportunity
- FLSA – Fair Labor Standards Act
- Labor management relations
There is no substitute for experience, whether it is in the planning of a termination or in the defense of a wrongful discharge action. Foley & Mansfield’s employment attorneys offer a complete range of legal, counseling, and consulting services.
We understand the pressure employers face to minimize the risk of liability when faced with terminating an employee or facing a potential wrongful termination suit. When confronted with employment claims, we take a practical, aggressive, and cost-effective approach to resolving these cases.
We are fully capable of handling any size or scope of litigation - from individual claims to class actions- and have successfully defended employers facing wrongful discharge, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, whistleblower, compensation, and other employment related claims. Our attorneys have extensive experience in defending employers in state, federal and appellate courts throughout the country, as well as before the National Labor Relations Board, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and other local, state and federal agencies. We also represent clients in the state and federal appeals process arising from MRB and state labor agency proceedings.
Specific employment litigation experience includes:
- Discrimination based on race, age, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran’s preference status
- Whistleblower, Sarbanes-Oxley
- Wrongful termination
- Breach of contract
- Wage, hour and overtime claims
- Worker's compensation
- Violations of §1981 and §1983
- Non-compete, trade secrets and duty of loyalty
- Professional liability claims
- Tort claims, including defamation, slander, libel and tortuous interference
- Employee benefits
Foley & Mansfield's award-winning program is designed specifically to assist human resource professionals and CEOs in managing ongoing employment and labor concerns in a cost-effective manner. Learn more.
Boys and Girls Club
A longtime client had filed suit on the advice of corporate counsel challenging employees who went to work for a competitor on the theory of breach of duty of loyalty in the absence of written no comp...